The most important assets of any industry are its people, equipment and data. However, many industries lack proper historians to store the huge amounts of process data that gets generated daily. Some industries face limitations on the number of tags that can be configured on their historians – and some with the amount of data that can be stored and retrieved. Any such limitations in data storage capability reduce the availability of historical data. This information is critical for understanding the response and behavior of equipment and processes under various conditions.
InDB Industrial Data Historian is based on Apache “Cassandra” and is designed to help industries retain their valuable operating data with minimal cost.
- Connects to OPC Servers (Classic and UA), MS SQL, MS Excel
- No restriction on the number of “tags” that can be configured or on the number of simultaneous “clients” that can be used
- Handles multiple OPC interfaces
- Manual data input capability
- Bulk Load capability allows old data from discreet MS Excel and CSV files to be archived in the historian
- Multi-node architecture of Cassandra makes ‘high availability’ feature available by default
- MS Excel based tag creation and modification makes it very easy to use
- Ability to run on desktops/laptops
- Very little software footprint – runs as a service in the background and needs very little user intervention
- Seamlessly interacts with our Data Analytics and Diagnostics software to detect anomalies in equipment and processes
- Cloud connector of InDB allows data to be selectively sent to the Cloud at user specified intervals based on requirements
No limitations on the number of tags to be stored in the InDB historian or the amount of data for the tags
Fleet owners can save data from multiple plants
Native resolution of the data is not lost as it is not compressed.
Web based user interface for real time visualization, trends with the functionality of email, annotations and data download, report generation etc., No need to install any new software.
Third party applications can be connected.
Key technology components and aspects of InDB Historian are outlined below
- Cassandra: Apache Cassandra is a distributed NoSQL database management system designed to handle large amounts of data across servers, providing high availability with no single point of failure.
- Spark: Spark is a fast and general engine for large-scale data processing. Spark has the ability to combine SQL, streaming and complex analytics. Spark is used in exporting large volumes of data into Cassandra in a very fast and efficient manner.
- Languages: Java
How to Reduce Forced Outages
Most industries follow best practices in Operations and Maintenance. Various RCM techniques are adopted to maintain high reliability of critical equipment.
Getting More Out of Your Time Series Data
Plant operating profits are a function of thermal performance and reliability. In many industries liked defense, power, and oil and gas.
4-Step Process for IIoT Maturity
Invasystems focuses on providing a comprehensive IIoT solution to power, process manufacturing, oil and gas and equipment manufacturing sectors.
Leading companies across the world.