Technologies have been changing at breakneck speed. When business processes and future growth depend on application modernization then business face certain challenges like
Hence, businesses/companies are looking for one-stop solutions which address above the challenges. All these certain challenges can be addressed by Power Platform which comes with Microsoft 365 cloud offerings.
Power Platform—a unified platform of low-code tools that spans Microsoft 365, Azure, Dynamics 365, and standalone applications—helps you analyze data, build solutions, integrate business applications, automate processes, and create virtual agents to transform your business. This is a rapid application development platform that not only helps citizen developers who have limited coding abilities to innovate and build new solutions faster because of familiarity to user experience tools such as PowerPoint, but it is also a suite of powerful tools for professional developers that seamlessly integrates a rapid application development platform built from ground up to tightly integrate with pro development capabilities of Azure.
The Power Platform allows companies to quickly build applications, automate and digitize processes.
- Significant cost reduction in application development with the Microsoft Power Platform.
- Build web and mobile apps and workflows fast and without limits
- Build smart apps with Power BI by infusing insights from your data (regardless of the data platform/location) and drive action.
- Enterprise-ready security and governance
Below are the certain tech levers which address key business use cases.
|SharePoint Lists + Forms + PowerApps (as needed)||Simple applications with basic forms. For example, these can be submitting request applications (request for resources, information etc), that collect basic data. Or to convert old InfoPath forms into PowerApps based canvas forms.|
|PowerApps Front end + Dataverse Back end||• Jumpstart apps using an extensible data model with business logic, security, and integration built in|
• Enable AI through built-in cognitive services powered by AI Builder and Azure
• Extend data and processes to external and anonymous users with Power Apps portals
• Support all your data: relational data, file and blob storage, logs, and search indexing
• Effortless Dynamics 365, Microsoft 365, and Azure integration as well as powerful integration capabilities
|PowerApps front end to SharePoint lists(data)||Simple applications where you want a mobile interface. Ideally < 5000 records. Can also use this model to pull simple data from multiple sources. For example, pull together resource requests and data from the asset register for a manager to approve the request.|
|PowerApps with Azure backend||Applications handling large volumes of data but the need for user interaction being limited (not too many hide-when or complex logic determining user interface)|
|Power Platform and connectors||500+ built-in connectors which helps in|
• Seamless hybrid connectivity to on-premises systems via the on-premises data gateway
• Use multiple data sources in a single application for processes that span systems.
• Develop and register custom connectors as a building block for citizen developers.
• Connect to cloud services, content services, databases, and APIs
|Power Automate||Use this to create different workflows. Flows are fast evolving to handle many scenarios and with the ability to work with different data sources.|
|Power BI||• Connect to all of your data and get a consolidated view across your business.|
• Create ad-hoc analysis, live dashboards and interactive reports on the web and across mobile devices.
• Build smart apps by infusing insights from your data and drive action
Subscribe to our Blogs and Newsletter
You will receive updates about new blogs, newsletters, new research article in technology and business domains