We are all well acquainted with the term “Internet” but “Internet of Things” or “IoT” as it is called, is a relatively new term. The Internet is one of the biggest transformative technologies that the world has ever experienced but, it is the “internet of people” because it connects people across the globe. However, the new IoT is about connecting things. By “things” we mean any device connected to the Internet. These “things” can sense, collect and analyze data, exchange them with other connected devices and communicate and control their actions.
So how does this IoT works?
The devices first connect to the IoT platform. These devices are standardized to integrate with the IoT enterprise. The devices enable high speed, secured, bi-directional exchange of data so that real-time data can be analyzed. The platform manages device endpoint identity, metadata and overall life cycle states for all devices.
Next, it analyzes the incoming data. The analysis has to be real-time analysis with respect to aggregation, filtering, correlation, and processing. The raw data is then enriched to generate composite streams on the basis of relevance & importance for future analysis. These composite streams integrate with the enterprise platform to dispatch the IoT data to required applications and devices.
How it benefits your business?
IoT system helps your business to integrate its different processes in a single platform thereby, leading to
- Efficient resource utilization
- Minimum human effort
- Take preventive measurements
- Reduces lead time
- Development of AI through IoT
- Improved security
- Reduces cost
Applications of IoT:
- Government: Law enforcement, National Defence, Smart city planning, Traffic management, Water distribution, Disaster management, Waste Management, and Environmental quality.
- HealthCare: Smart sensors to facilitate diagnosis, Biosensors, Remote monitoring, Track inventory, Automatic patient surveillance
- Agriculture: Smart farming based on IoT technologies, Agricultural Drones, Smart greenhouse, Livestock Monitoring, Precision agriculture.
- Manufacturing: Production asset monitoring and tracking, Remote equipment management, Condition-based maintenance alerts, Production flow monitoring, Monitoring of KPIs of health and safety to enhance plant safety and security, Smart tracking mechanisms, Inventory control
- Retail industry: Smart labels, Smart transportation, Wi-Fi foot-traffic monitoring, Predictive equipment maintenance, Smart transportation applications.
Subscribe to our Blogs and Newsletter
You will receive updates about new blogs, newsletters, new research article in technology and business domains