About This Customer/ Company Objective
Global multinational consumer goods company owning several brands with huge turnover and having employee strength of over 100,000. Company has three business subsidiaries,
- Looking after Indian markets
- Looking after Australia and Asia growing market
- Looking after Pakistan as emerging market.
Company has major market share in India, USA, and Europe and rapidly expanding in East Asia, China and other emerging markets. As a part of expansion plans company was setting up new manufacturing units in these emerging markets and was interested in having system to help in setting up the new units and managing them centrally.
Company's objective was to enhance Operational Efficiency by effectively manning resources and assets at operational units spanned across globe.
The Business Problem
Company’s HR was closely involved in setting up new operational units with responsibility of setting up departments, defining operational processes with quality assessment parameters, providing assets, machinery and resources to execute these processes. HR was also entitled for skill development initiatives and operational performance assessment to ensure the quality is maintained. So company wanted that
- System should be globally accessible.
- System should facilitate in creating new units and manage them for resources and assets.
- System will have admin module to configure various operational parameters for setting up department, job category, performance score etc.
- System should integrate with PeopleSoft for employee master data.
- System should be multilingual, role based with facility to define rights for the roles and map the users
How Spadeworx (An Invasystems company) Helped
Inspite of very stringent criteria for vendor selection, Spadeworx was selected to provide this solution because of:
- Spadework’s record in successfully delivering web solutions to company in time
- Very strong experience in Microsoft web applications
- Expertise in creating highly intuitive UI which received lot of appreciation from client in the past
- Matured processes for application development and delivery
This was an ASP.Net 4.5 MVC 4 cloud based web application hosted on Windows Azure server. This multilingual application was html 5 and CSS 3 compliant with rich UI. User log in was authenticated using Active Directory.
- Cloud based multilingual application accessible globally
- Configurable and Ready to use for creating and managing new operational units
- Role based application with facility to manage multiple units simultaneously
- Elaborative reporting to give complete operational visibility for the units
Download Our Case Study